[kj] Jaz Coleman Among Top Singers

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Nov 14 00:34:54 EST 2008

There's a bit in a Mr Bungle song - Goodbye Sober Day - the bit after the
eastern-sounding prayer sounding thing - that sounds to me like Mike Patton
taking the piss outta Scott Weiland.

"I'm real cool, I'm real cool, I'm real cool, I'm real cool" - to a heavy-as
but plain riff. Sounds EXACTLY like what STP would do.

I *could* be entirely wrong.

STP were always accused of ripping off from other bands - Pearl Jam &
Nirvana in particular. And Weiland started off as a pretty plain frontman
until he invoked the still-living ghost of Iggy Pop.I don't really buy into
the guy to be honest.

_____