[kj] OT The Damned New Album

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 13:15:40 EST 2008

Yeah, I played it again today, and overall am still really enjoying it.
Some of the lyrics are pretty awful, but it's got a good amount of variety,
from the faster stuff to the slow atmospheric Vanian-suited ones. Dr.
Woofenstein I quite like... though I wonder if it's gonna flip to "never
want to hear again" at some point... it's that kinda song! As ever, I wish
it had Scabies on the drums, maybe Paul Gray on the bass, but that's just a
dream really... it's not gonna happen! Pinch is a good drummer, but I miss
the flair of Rat.
I'd recommend anyone that's been a fan of the Damned at any point to give
it a go though. Well, unless you only like the first album, but if that's
the case you have no taste anyway!! ;)

On a related point, bizarrely they've started using a sample of Rat's
drumming on New Rose when they play it live!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2AzlH88wFI
Seems very odd to me, but good to hear Rat back with the band!!!

Dave in Edinburgh