[kj] Unperverted Pantomime violates MacBook Pro

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 11 18:33:35 EST 2008

A warning to the curious (and oh, whistle and I'll come to you, my lad,
etc.).

The DVD footage on the new UP is fantastic, and appears on one side of a
double-sided disc (the other containing the expected audio). However, on
finishing watching the video in my MacBook Pro, the extra thickness of the
disc caused a certain difficulty in ejecting (and, in fact, required a
little manual intervention). Absolutely fine in tray-based drives, though;
however, the disc does seem a little thicker than any other double-sided
disc I own, which have been vomited satisfactorily from this SuperDrive.

Just a heads up.

Also, I've now listened to at least 30 seconds of every track from the
Phoenix Risen compilation Plastichead were kind enough to send me. I don't
think I will be listening to it again - there's far too much double bass
drum monotony (Hey! Listen to me! I am either a simian drummer in need of
Ritalin injected directly into my heart or a lazily-programmed Battery
track!), accompanied by the sort of vocal that causes me to only like half
any given Opeth track. So I wouldn't feel too short changed if you didn't
get a copy.

Darren

Hungerford, UK