[kj] Oliver...............

fluke fluke fluke1 at live.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 07:58:54 EST 2008

"Also, the word is increasingly becoming a monoform culture, greatly led by American cultural, aesthetic, commercial, etc., designs and models."

You are critical of the American Influence on the World Oliver , the influence that has spread democracy, freedom and the empowerment of the individual as opposed to the all powerful few in Goverment .
You are critical of other nations embracement of American values , but before you are critical of them, do you know what alternatives these people have ? I have just looked at the news today and I ve seen that Malaysia has imprisoned a blogger , Thailand has arrested someone who was critical of their King , The Chinese have mass restrictions on freedom of speech , Somalia recently stoned to death a 13 year of female whose only crime was that she committed was getting attacked by Males. Zimbabwe is under an oppressive dictatorship, as is North Korea .
The American culture of freedom is popular because that is what the people want , and its quite wrong of you to sit there in America and tell other people that they cant have it .
Although , you being a Communist , you feel that you have a right to impose your ways on others, just as Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin and countless other leaders have done in the past .> Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:16:46 -0600> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] Oliver...............> > How the US votes is important to the rest of the world because we have > at least 22 bases on far flung corners of the planet and our globa > dominance is such that our foreign policy disproportionately impacts in > distant countries in ways most Americans don't get.> > Also, the word is increasingly becoming a monoform culture, greatly led > by American cultural, aesthetic, commercial, etc., designs and models. > There was that "global electorate map" that was only half a joke that > showed all countries blue for Obama with the US "undecided" between > McCain and Obama (this was before the election).> > -Oliver> > LONESTYLE at aol.com wrote:> >> > > > Why do American politics mean so much to you when you don't even live > > in the states?> > > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering