[kj] O/T Cure O2 gig

Brian Whitehead bawhitehead at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:32:17 EST 2008

Maybe some interest on the list?

Brian.

*THE CURE TO HEADLINE NME AWARDS BIG GIG*

*The Cure* are set to celebrate being crowned Godlike Geniuses at next
year's Shockwaves NME Awards by headlining the annual Big Gig on February
26th.

Fresh from glory at the previous night's *Shockwaves NME Awards* ceremony,
the band will make a short hop across the capital to take to the stage at
London's O2 arena.

Robert Smith said: "When *The Cure* play now we almost always play three
hours plus, taking songs from every era of the band's career. We'll have to
cut it down a bit for the Big Gig, but we'll still try to reflect what we've
done over the years... with maybe even a few surprises thrown in to make it
that bit more special!"

Tickets for the Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig go on sale on Wednesday 5th
November at 9am and are available exclusively from
*www.nme.com/biggig*<http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/click/3876984-67327/zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/v-v/081104162859>until
Monday 10th November.