[kj] OT: LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 00:19:50 EDT 2008

thanks for the education i think i may try and get hold of the c.d now i am going to try and sleep ;D cheers for those lyrics--for bothering to post them up-all hard of hearing on the list will appreciate lol !!> Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:06:47 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH> > The Damned and The Misfits went on a brief England tour together in 1979 > or 1980. (Talk about legendary, wish-I-could-have-been-there shows!) The > Damned/Misfits UK tour is one of those legendary tours...> > While in England, Glenn Danzig got thrown in jail, and that is where he > wrote "London Dungeon" for The Misfits. When he got out, he wrote > "Archangel" for The Damned to perform. For some reason or another, The > Damned never did "Archangel," so Glenn Danzig used it as a Samhain song, > and it's on their first LP, _Initium_, with members of Reagan Youth and > Minor Threat playing on it. Just crazy-interesting punk music trivia.> > > ARCHANGEL> lyrics Glenn Danzig> > Heaven sends me here to you> And if a-you fear you've reason to> Open up all seven seals> The beast is come to claim the youth> > Archangel> Archangel> Defiant brood> Defiant brood> I call on you> > Casted down my bretheren> Rebels from authority> Power, pride, contempt and lust> All these things I give to you> > Archangel> Archangel> Defiant brood> Defiant brood> I call on you> > I am not your son of God> The prince of light will show no fear> Mine is that which rules this world> The beast is come, I am the end> > Archangel, oh-oh-oh-oh....> > -Oliver> > > > melinda grant wrote:> > i can see why ;) never herd it befor and i cannot make out the > > lyrics,must be getting old then lol,hang on just putting in my hearing > > aid ;D))))) PS yeah,that track will keep me awake until next > > week > > lol WEEK !! > >> > i am watching episodes of --the sweeny-- on dvd to pass the time and > > drinking red wine-lovely ;)> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering