[kj] OT: LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 2 00:06:47 EDT 2008

The Damned and The Misfits went on a brief England tour together in 1979
or 1980. (Talk about legendary, wish-I-could-have-been-there shows!) The
Damned/Misfits UK tour is one of those legendary tours...

While in England, Glenn Danzig got thrown in jail, and that is where he
wrote "London Dungeon" for The Misfits. When he got out, he wrote
"Archangel" for The Damned to perform. For some reason or another, The
Damned never did "Archangel," so Glenn Danzig used it as a Samhain song,
and it's on their first LP, _Initium_, with members of Reagan Youth and
Minor Threat playing on it. Just crazy-interesting punk music trivia.

ARCHANGEL
lyrics Glenn Danzig

Heaven sends me here to you
And if a-you fear you've reason to