[kj] The Fall

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Fri May 2 21:20:49 EDT 2008

Hi like "Cabbing it UPtown" from that fall album, but it came out well into my adulthood...

From: bettedillinger at live.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 2 May 2008 18:58:36 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] The Fall

Wow, you guys are takin' me back old skool....I remember I found "I am Kurious Oranj" as a kid and played it forever and a day. I thought Mark E Smith looked like Kafka's Gregor Samsa as I pictured him in my mind's eye as I got older. I loved "Big Prinz" off that album...another band that horrifiedmy little po-dunk town that I grew up in....not as much as Bauhaus did, however, since the record store owner was sure to tell me I needed to get a parent to purchase it since he had a "vibe" that the band was satanic (I can't make this shit up, people). -BetteD

From: mike at coopersurf.fsnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 2 May 2008 23:14:54 +0100Subject: Re: [kj] The Fall

The new Fall album Imperial Wax Solvent is a real cracker and a real return to form after the last outing Post Reformation TLC which for me was disappointing. The track 50 Year Old Man is vintage Smith and probably a taster of the wit in his new book which is next the list.

Anyone else got views on either?

With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.