[kj] The Fall

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Fri May 2 18:58:36 EDT 2008

Wow, you guys are takin' me back old skool....I remember I found "I am Kurious Oranj" as a kid and played it forever and a day. I thought Mark E Smith looked like Kafka's Gregor Samsa as I pictured him in my mind's eye as I got older. I loved "Big Prinz" off that album...another band that horrified
my little po-dunk town that I grew up in....not as much as Bauhaus did, however, since the record store owner was sure to tell me I needed to get a parent to purchase it since he had a "vibe" that the band was satanic (I can't make this shit up, people).
-BetteD

From: mike at coopersurf.fsnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 2 May 2008 23:14:54 +0100Subject: Re: [kj] The Fall

The new Fall album Imperial Wax Solvent is a real cracker and a real return to form after the last outing Post Reformation TLC which for me was disappointing. The track 50 Year Old Man is vintage Smith and probably a taster of the wit in his new book which is next the list.

Anyone else got views on either?