[kj] (no subject)

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 17:38:14 EDT 2008

oh, halloween time ministry...synthpoptastic! ;P

Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 14:32:06 -0700From: saulomar1 at yahoo.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] (no subject)

> 'follow the leaders'...the best disco i've ever

Tension also sounds Punk+Disco, maybe Pssyche (disco+punk+Iggy?).
Good dancey feel.
I should've said when i hear Ministry's singles, the 'atmosphere' sounds like
Al had been hearing some Motowny stuff.

RE: gathering emails -
Damn these servers are slooo.oo..ooow, I sent my previous email [see below]
on Wednesday, acc. to my "Sent" folder.

folk devil <folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

well, you can bloody well give it back, Brendan! ;) I think trance is now better known as fish music 'bob'. I think techno and new wave would be ministry, too...f*ck house ;) (unless you're referring to a good ol' bit of acieed! Disco and punk is 'follow the leaders'...the best disco i've ever heard :)

From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Thu, 1 May 2008 12:41:43 +1200Subject: Re: [kj] (no subject)

Sorry I’ve already claimed Pandemonium for the God of Metal. Trance? Pfagh!

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of sade1Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2008 10:09 a.m.To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] (no subject)

> Have two genres of music be so closely linked?

Good q'estion. Hai! Taking it further, how about

not only "linked" but even "fused"?

I once listened to 2 island ska compilations for about 3 days straight,

then went back to my Specials/Oingo Boingo/LosFabulososCadillacs cds

and, espesh w/theSpecials, I was then really able to hear the big difference

punk had on Ska. I mean, island ska is great and in a blissful way but to rouse

the Rabble.... i think da' brit-ska really kicks. (orwhateverit'scalled..)

So..

can it also be said that Postpunk + Trance = "Pandemonium"(k.j. cd) ?

Motown/R&B + exprmntl.electronic = *K*R*A*F*T*W*E*R*K* ?

Motown+protoTechno = House.... ?
Motown+New Wave = early Ministry... ?

Motown +rock(or,punk?) = early The Jam and JoBoxers (live)?

Motown+anything else = >good

Yea or nay... aye or nye..?

... ... ... ... ... ... (looking at the current state of things)
'Save me..
save me from Tomorrow.. I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'