[kj] O.T.: Ministry in NYC

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Thu May 1 12:33:33 EDT 2008

"Elana Mojica" wrote:

>I was at the Austin show and will be at one of the Chicago shows.

> Yes, they do play alot of new stuff, but Burt does an excellent job on

> Theives and So What, and the show is hands down amazing. Alot of people

> are bitching on the pissarmy boards about the set list, and then see the

> show, and they are happy. Yes alot of old great stuff is not played, but

> its still an amazing show!!

I think what a lot of the hardcore fans are rightfully pissed about, is the
fact that nearly a year ago this was advertised as going to be a
all-encompassing retrospective of the band's history over a 2+ hour show.
Tickets were sold on that premise months in advance of the tour. Once the
first show's barely 90 minute setlist was revealed along with the
circumstances the encores were done (No Al, 3 covers), yeah, I think a lot
of people had valid reasons to bitch. I guess a big warning sign was the
major selling point right before the tour was they were bring back "the
fence." Big fuckin' deal.

Along with the reasons already brought up which I agree with as to why to
avoid this tour, I thought the last tour I caught was pretty substandard as
well - especially whoever they had on drums, which was enough to keep me
from going this time around.

T.B.