[kj] OT: Emo Road Trip

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 23 13:52:58 EDT 2008

Haha, yeah, my gf told me about that Wife Swap episode.

The kid, she said, was really into "screamo" (a 90s thing that has
become perverted into a stagnating backwater subcultural teen niche
where guys wear tight girl pants and listen to The Locust and basically
what sounds to me like slow metal moshy music with relentless screaming
-- unfortunately a lot of young kids also think that is what hardcore
is, slow moshy metal with some 16 year old just atonally screaming over
it). But yeah, that episode sounds like a hoot and I'd like to get a
copy of it.

-Oliver