[kj] OT: The Spectres

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 13:51:13 EDT 2008

Yeah, I have no problem with influences - no one is really original after all. I've found a good way of finding new music (new to me) is to find out what my heroes were listening to, hence getting me into *early* Roxy Music, Venom, etc, etc.

I don't have issues with the original line-up of KJ - they have every right to sound just how they like!

If a band were to come along that really sounded like someone else, but had that special something that gave me the horn, I'd put up with the comparison - so I have no hard or fast rules on this one, it's just a gut feeling. Over the years I've managed to chuck a lot of my teenage 'up my own arse' rules away, though I'm not sure whether I'll ever be into Cuntry music!