[kj] York Street Recording Studios

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Mar 19 23:10:44 EDT 2008

I got in touch with the guys who are running York St a while back, I have
the email at home, will try and find it when I'm at home. Told them I was
a Gatherer, they were most polite and helpful.

Jaz co-founded York St back in the day, but sold his share at some stage.
The guy said that "Jaz still comes in to scare the customers from time to
time" :)

The Joke recorded some of Pandemonium there. And as per the website, Jaz
and Youth have dome production work there too. York St is in a swanky
Auckland neighbourhood called Parnell, lotsa money there. I have a feeling
Jaz would have done well out of it. It looks like a boutique studio, not a
big production house.