[kj] ot: We Want Everyone - Facebook & The New American Right

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:56:48 EDT 2008

not arguing on behalf of the author in any of this but if anything its
the very crux of the matter.

The 'free' flow is actually being managed, exploiting people lulled
into a false sence of security by the safe homely feel the product
delivers (who chose the colour scheme...). The information is not free
flowing, its being paid for. Its not like China banning access, its
more subtle with the price of the service. Doesnt detract from the
fact that its being managed, controlled, filtered. 1984 in action.

Norman Tebbit stated that nothing is free and he was right. I dont
deny the tool argument, i use gmail, course its a tool and we had this
discussion with macs not long ago, the irony behind the iPat using a
branded identity familiar with many.

Question: why do we need the internet?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:07 PM, The Exorcist
<killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com> wrote:

> . The Internet is all

> about free flow of communication.

> It's something that the Author seems to fail to relate too.

> Ironic ehhh?

morisettely so!