[kj] ot: We Want Everyone - Facebook & The New American Right

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Mon Mar 17 19:59:29 EDT 2008

When someone has a point to make and starts going raving mad frothing
at the mouth
whatever merit his statements have tend to go to the shitter. Rather
than focusing on
the ideas he was trying to relay he started going off on individuals
tying in one with the other
and making a whole mess of it.

I wonder if he uses credit cards. Credit cards are far more prevalent
than facebook and give
out a shitload more information than myspace or facebook. Will he
stop using them? They pass
along information left and right. The ISP he is using might very well
have something like "nebuad"
out there reading every damn thing he writes and following every link
he clicks on. Will he forsake
the internet?

I have a facebook account with a total of 15 "friends". They are all
family and a few friends that I keep
in touch with and share photos and news. There is no personal info
there as I didn't put anything there.
I have a myspace account with 125 "friends" a few are people that I
know, the rest are musicians or projects
that have caught my interest.

I despise the whole who's got more "friends" thing and pity those
that fill their lives with it.
I don't follow trends, I own no brand name clothes, I don't have a
Mac or an Ipod. (I do have
my old boxy Iriver though *grin*.) I don't go to trendy clubs, I
don't go to trendy bars and I don't go around
advocating the latest trendiest ideals or causes. I'll leave that to
Hollywood and hipsters.
(Though I will say FREE TIBET!!!)

I do despise some of the things going on in corporate society but I
don't despise capitalism.
Any idea that is brought forth to mankind has it's pro's and cons.
People will always be out there
to take advantage of whatever it is that is presented to them.

Cheers,
Me

Ps. You don't need any support, you're doing quite alright by yourself. :)

If you want, feel free to borrow my soapbox. Due to my short stature I made
sure to make it really high so that everyone can see me.