[kj] OT: Tibet -- Last Train To Lhasa

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:45:42 EDT 2008

I really don't think china cares whether this is public or not:
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSPEK26733920080317

I wonder what the Olympics are going to be like, with everything from pollution, Darfur and Tibet.

From: bbarathy at btinternet.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:35:07 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Tibet -- Last Train To Lhasa

Scarey stuff. I was in Lhasa a few months ago. You could feel the tension 'in the air' at the time. The Tibetains will never be content with the 'occupation' of their country by the Chinese authorities and everyone knows they would do the same to Taiwan if the thought they would get away with it! All news/media within China is carefully controlled so the average Chinese citizen is only going to get the angle fed to them by the State (seeing as most Chinese don't even know about the student uprising in Tiananmen Square; so tight is the control)