[kj] Geordie's solo album

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Mar 14 00:56:19 EDT 2008

I can't see them NOT working as a proper four-piece

Really? Imagine the politics. I mean, I remember reading articles where Jaz
has slagged Youth off (Geography teacher comments etc), he mentioned what
happened to cause the original split on the Gathering DVD, BPF hasn't been
in the band or really in much contact with Jaz for 20 years from what I
know...I can't imagine under the circumstances that all that stuff just goes
away. You'd feel on tenderhooks if you were BPF wouldn't you? Jaz seems to
be the unquestioned alpha, and alphas don't like sharing their alpha
status...and I wonder what Youth would be thinking? Long time since he was
with them, during which Jaz has said that Raven has better stage presence,
is willing to give more, and Youth looks like a Geography teacher...ouch. A
joke I know, but not one I'd appreciate being on the end of.

This is all just my perception, from what I have read and seen...but I had a
similar falling out (except we weren't a legendary band, we were just mates
who worked together ;), with my best friend...I was his best man and all.
And I can't imagine ever bothering with him again. I dunno if I'd ever trust
someone again after a major falling out. So...I dunno. I suppose I'd be
surprised if it works well for an extended period of time. There comes a
point where it's extremely easy to say get fucked and mean it.

Really anything could happen...it's one of the few things I'd bother to
watch if it was made into reality tv.