[kj] (OT) New Surprise Nine Inch Nails Album(s)

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 21:09:20 EST 2008

Although the last two albums (With Teeth and Year Zero) kinda left me cold,
it's very cool how Trent Reznor is handling this release:

++++++++++

"This music arrived unexpectedly as the result of an experiment. The rules
were as follows: 10 weeks, no clear agenda, no overthinking, everything
driven by impulse. Whatever happens during that time gets released as...
something.

The team: Atticus Ross, Alan Moulder and myself with some help from
Alessandro Cortini, Adrian Belew and Brian Viglione. Rob Sheridan
collaborated with Artist in Residence (A+R) to create the accompanying
visual and physical aesthetic.

We began improvising and let the music decide the direction. Eyes were
closed, hands played instruments and it began. Within a matter of days it
became clear we were on to something, and a lot of material began appearing.
What we thought could be a five song EP became much more. I invited some
friends over to join in and we all enjoyed the process of collaborating on
this.

The end result is a wildly varied body of music that we're able to present
to the world in ways the confines of a major record label would never have
allowed - from a 100% DRM-free, high-quality download, to the most luxurious
physical package we've ever created.

More volumes of Ghosts are likely to appear in the future."

- Trent Reznor, March 2, 2008

Nine Inch Nails presents Ghosts I - IV, a brand new 36 track instrumental
collection available right now. Almost two hours of new music composed and
recorded over an intense ten week period last fall, Ghosts I - IV sprawls
Nine Inch Nails across a variety of new terrain.

Trent Reznor explains, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind
of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense
until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a
very visual perspective - dressing imagined locations and scenarios with
sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the
result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I
hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts."

FREE DOWNLOAD
Ghosts I - The first 9 tracks from the Ghosts I-IV collection available as
high-quality DRM-free MP3s (320kbps LAME encoded, fully tagged) including
complete 40 page PDF. Also includes the digital extras pack - various
wallpapers, icons, and graphics tools for your computer, website, profile,
etc.

$5 DOWNLOAD
Ghosts I-IV - All 36 tracks in a variety of DRM-free digital formats (320
kbps LAME encoded, fully tagged; FLAC Lossless; Apple Lossless) including a
40
page PDF. Also includes the digital extras pack - various wallpapers, icons,
and graphics tools for your computer, website, profile, etc.

This version is also available from the Amazon MP3 store.

$10 2XCD SET
Ghosts I-IV - 2 audio CDs in a gatefold digipak package with a 16-page
booklet. To be shipped TBD. Includes immediate DRM-free download of the
entire collection in same choice of formats as $5 Download option. Download
will include the 40 page PDF and the digital extras pack - various
wallpapers,
cons, and graphics tools for your computer, website, profile, etc.
This configuration will be released to retail in North America (April 8),
Australia (April 5), the UK (April 8), Japan (April 5) and most European
territories (April 8).

$75 LIMITED EDITION DELUXE PACKAGE
Ghosts I-IV - Hardcover book holding 2 audio CDs, 1 data DVD of all 36
tracks in multi-track format (in .wav files readable by Mac and Windows),
and
Blu-ray disc featuring stereo recordings in high-definition 24 bit 96Khz
with
exclusive slide show. Includes immediate DRM-free download of the entire
collection in all formats and with all extras mentioned above. Also includes
48-page hardcover of photographs by Phillip Graybill and Rob Sheridan.
Discs and art book both housed in fabric slipcover.

$300 ULTRA-DELUXE LIMITED EDITION PACKAGE
Ghosts I-IV - Contains all elements from deluxe package, along with
exclusive 4XLP 180-gram vinyl set, and two limited edition Giclee prints
available exclusively in this package. Disc book, art book, and prints are
all housed in a fabric slipcover. 4XLP vinyl set comes in its own fabric
slipcover. INCLUDES immediate DRM-free download of the entire collection in
all formats and with all extras mentioned above. LIMITED TO 2500 PIECES,
NUMBERED AND PERSONALLY SIGNED BY TRENT REZNOR.