[kj] OT: Bush: "I am reminded ... ofPhilippine-Americanswhen Ieat dinner"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 26 14:28:45 EDT 2008

There is a video on YouTube that shows Bush's public peaking manner in
the 90s, when he was governor of Texas, during a debate (with Ann
Richards, I think), versus his way of speaking at some debate in this
decade, and the difference is striking. In the 90s video he's actually
really articulate, has good poise, great vocabulary, and all of that.
Now it's easy to manufacture a comparison that pits someone's best day
against their worst day, but the 90s video of Bush's debating skills
compared to now -- it was just really striking. It's like he's slowly
going the Ronald Reagan route or something, I dunno.

But I've always felt his handlers, his minders, and the cabinet people
that surround him are much more devious and sinister, a real modern day
rogue's gallery, and he's just the faux populist front for it all.

-Oliver