[kj] OT: First speed metal track of all time

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 10:59:41 EDT 2008

That kind of beat comes up in a variety of different kinds of music. Thrash metal, industrial, even shitty mallcore pop-punk. I don't doubt for a second what you claim the origins of that style of drumming to be. But I've been hearing and playing that beat in songs for the past 15 years and I'd never heard the term d-beat until you mentioned it. Which is more a testament to how out of touch I am but still, I wouldn't go assuming that any drummer who plays that kind of beat is giving a tip of his hat to the underground crust-punk scene.

http://www.nightruiner.com
http://www.myspace.com/thesunthroughatelescope
http://www.myspace.com/lauderdale