[kj] Blog entry at that new MySpace page of the KJ

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 13 15:37:21 EDT 2008

No, I meant any thoughts on the etymology of the word "hummus." I was
replying to comments that "humus is a root word that means soil," but
also, "homo." So why do we have a snick dip that could translate to
"soil"? Or.. "human"? Soylent green is made of people??? Not appetizing,
to ip one's pita bread in soil.

-Oliver