[kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Jun 12 13:21:30 EDT 2008

I sent in a postcard or something that came w/Pandemonium and never heard a thing...I think the address wasn't even being used anymore.> Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:37:18 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: [kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding> > Okay, the ultimate fanboy question:--> > Is Jaz wont to reply to letters he gets from serious fans? I ask because > I get the impression, especially after seeing that screwy documentary > cli, that he is the kind who would a) reply to sincere letters without > much ado, or without much care for being above that sort of thing, or b) > completely blow letters off and never reply to them.> > I aks because in the early to mid 90s before this crazy Internet thing > took off I'd write band members in some high profle bands and was always > srprised at the number that would take the time to write me back, > especially Ian MacKaye of Fugazi, whom I hae several letters and > postcards from. Since the dawn of the Internet this phenomenon has declined.> > This is also partly why I made fun of the $70 USD auction of a Penny > Rimbad letter on eBay. To me, it is not that unusual for folks -- > especially anti-establishment, grassroots=types -- to keep in touch with > "fans."> > So, anyne have any experience with how good Jaz is at responding to > sincere snail mail?> > -Oliver> _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering