[kj] Congrats Obama

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 18:49:54 EDT 2008

If things as are fatalistic as you say, then there was no point in
describing Saddam as some sort of mass genocidal maniac, because that
wouldn't matter; another would fill his shoes no matter what's done.

Seems to be a selective application of logic or concern. On the one
hand, oppression and killing merits intervention because it's the right
thing to do. On the other, why bother? Others will merely come and
atrocities will continue. That's a pretty supple, elastic type of
morality that wraps itself perfectly around the US flag right now.

-Oliver