[kj] OT : a southern sky

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:38:21 EDT 2008

i noticed as wel jenean ;)l,and made a wish,jupiter is suppost to bring luck and good fortune ;D)))))

milinda ps yeah i know,its a bit juvenile of me lol

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:30:51 +0100From: Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT : a southern sky

I went out to have a look last night.

But the sky was cloudy.

It always is when there’s something interesting to see!

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of pssyche23Sent: 26 July 2008 00:03To: gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] OT : a southern sky

Just in case anyone (especially up here in the northern hemisphere) has noticed a very bright object appear in the south east night sky, in the hours after sunset, over the past few evenings I'm glad to announce it's the return of Jupiter ... as the link below suggests, with a small pair of binoculars (ie. 7 x 50) you can see it as a white disc (as opposed to a twinkling star) ...

* http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/highlights/25508949.html *

Last time I seriously bothered to observe Jupiter was about 12 summers ago ... and the 4 largest of it's (20?) moons were visible through my 20-60 x 50 telescope and they seemed to change positions almost every night, as the image in the URL suggests ... not everyone's cup of tea but for sure beats watching Big Brother ...

Regards, Antoni