[kj] [OT] Race & the media

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 22 17:59:23 EDT 2008

Well, you can never be absolutely sure with wind-up merchants like Siouxsie.
She's clearly saying "Jews" and not "fools" on the demo, and I spoke to her
and Steve Severin at some length in the late eighties for a fanzine and she
told me that it was definitely Jews, specifically meaning record company
bureaucrats, until Polydor expressed a strong view that it should be
changed. I'm sure the currency of controversy has fuelled the story, but my
knowledge is as I've stated. Doesn't seem any different from her effecting
the swastikas, and the explanation of more than just "ooh aren't we
outrageous" convinced me.

Darren

Hungerford, UK