[kj] now ive seen it all!!!!

PRAEst76 praest76 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:37:03 EST 2008

Tabazan wrote:

> Of course, the chance that the average 33kbps line actually averaged 33

> was rare . .

> How many people here are on "Up to 10meg"?

> How many actually get 10meg (or anywhere near)?

Vodafone boast that I can get 3.4 on this 3G thing. I'm lucky if I get
connected at all. Right now I'm on GPRS. It's like 56k. I can almost
hear the modem connecting...

It's all about contention. If everyone else in your area is a luddite
who keeps the toaster in the shed then you'll be ok, sadly in most areas
it'll be teenagers posting videos of themselves working out on YouTube
and chubby twenty-somethings playing World of Warcraft and you'll find
your connection for email timing out.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76