[kj] OT: The Ruts "celebration" nite @ Shepherds Bush Empire25/01/2008

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 07:55:49 EST 2008

Yup, enjoyed the night... slightly ramshackle performances, but in keeping
with the spirit of the event I thought. Highlight was Sensible's set...
started with It Was Cold, one of my favourite Ruts songs, and Rollins once
again did a good job on Rude Boys. The members of the Members bit was
fairly odd!
Definitely a bit of a black cloud hanging over the whole thing though, what
with Paul Fox (and of course Raven) having passed on since the gig in July.
But good to catch up Antoni... see you at the next Joke gig! My crystal
ball does indeed say next year!! Actually, it's not really a crystal ball,
just a crushed up empty Stella can, but it does have remarkable
future-predicting abilities.

Dave in Edinburgh

.