[kj] ot new york hadfirst punks,sorry mik ;)

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:42:23 EST 2008

The Saints. Australian, formed in '73.

This is a pretty nebulous discussion.

'Please kill me', although an enjoyable read pretty much made me think of US punks as a bunch of tossers.
Doesn't the name always come after the fact, anyway?
Most 'art' is socially and culturally reactionary, so I reckon different cultures are going to communicate things, um, differently.
I didn't like much American 'punk', because I didn't relate to it.