[kj] [- Lally

Change crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 10:57:51 EST 2008

I thought Joe Lally's album was good, a much more
stripped down sound than Fugazi, but not a million
miles away.

--- "B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> I haven't heard any of Fugazi bassist Joe Lally's

> solo stuff. Have been

> afraid too, honestly. I haven't been much impressed

> with The Evens. If

> it's anything like the few songs that Joe Lally sang

> while he was in

> Fugazi, then I will not be rushing out to buy it.

> I'm sure he's a great

> guy, but the songs he sang on and, I presume, wrote,

> while in Fugazi,

> are always ones I skip over....

> -Oliver

> Javier Garcia wrote:

> > To be honest I don't find those Geordie songs very

> similar to Fugazi's

> > "Instrument", but now that you bring Fugazi to

> this topic, i just

> > discovered last week that Joe Lally has a couple

> of solo albums and

> > -at least the songs posted on the Dischord site-

> sounds pretty well.

> > I'm seriously thinking to order both of them.

> > Any feedback out there?

> > Javier

> > mexico city

INTERZONE
http://www.augustineleudar.110mb.com/Interzone.htm

RTX, Kristin Hersh, Githead, Shellac, Michael Gira & the Dirty Three interviewed here:
http://www.perfectsoundforever.com

Polysics interviewed here:
http://www.cultcargo.net