[kj] OT ignore this!/why,it was interesting ;)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Jan 14 05:20:38 EST 2008

We're all transient imperfect beings made up of several-billion-year-old
atoms, the origin and underlying nature of which we really don't understand
properly, which are possibly nothing more than expressions of an underlying
energy which again we don't really understand, which have formed themselves
into amazingly complex structures of zillions and zillions of complex cells
(the human brain being the most complex structure in the universe that we
are aware of), in a way that we don't fully understand, most of which expire
and are regenerated at different rates throughout our lives (except our eyes
and parts of our brain), stuck to a ball of metal and fire by a force called
we call gravity (in English) that we don't really understand, that we share
with other life-forms, none of which have more than a fraction of the self
and general awareness that we have, yet which we're destroying at an
alarming rate, anyways this ball is spinning rotationally on its axis at
supersonic speeds which we are so evolutionally accustomed to that we simply
don't notice, in a solar system made up of massive bodies orbiting at even
greater speeds around an unimaginably massive ball of fire that is critical
to all life on the planet, in a structure replicated billions of times over
in a cold dark universe that throws out random energy that were it not for
the protection of the atmosphere would probably destroy most life on the
planet.which is inexplicably expanding, to the point that as far as we are
aware will result in all matter in the universe becoming almost infinitely
sparse, until possibly the pattern reverses and everything is sucked up into
a single point that is infinitely small, infinitely dense, and the whole
thing happens again, or gets sucked into another universe entirely, or, or.

And we've only in the last 200 years started living reliably past the age of
30-40, which to me is pretty freaky in itself and asks and answers a lot of
questions.

It's *almost* normal if you live in the US to believe that the universe is
less than 10 000 years old (apparently just under 50% of the population
there believe that.I'm sure there's whole big areas where it's more normal
than not).which is less time than has passed since we domesticated the dog
(and other plants and animals). It's 'normal' to treat women like cattle in
some muslim countries and believe that unbelievers should be converted
violently or killed.

I could go on and on about what's 'normal', but I think you get my point.

So yeah I agree with Melinda, you're a lot more normal than you realise, and
believe me, the characters on this list (myself included) are not your
typical Norms either.

Peace from the abnormal land at the end of the world!

*burp*

PS: Ferret citrus and Koala? How do you get the oranges into the rodents /
bears? ;)

_____