[kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest ...

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 12 04:33:08 EST 2008

Wow, the Ramones opened for Black Sabbath?

Reminds me of Black Flag opening for Venom sometime around 1985. This
was years after venom's 1st two, masterful, NWOBHM proto-thrash LPs, and
when they had become total wanker cock rock. I remember reading Henry
Rollins was embarrassed after the show.

I've always wanted to collect odd double-billings like this.

A couple more that strike me are Mnor Threat opening for PiL, or Minor
Threat opening for The Damned.

The drummer of Minor Threat, Jeff Nelson, is selling the flyer that
advertised Minor Threat playing w/ The Damned, on eBay, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150202782939&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

-Oliver