[kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest ...

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 03:39:12 EST 2008

Well The Ramones opened for Sabbath. Talk about getting pelted with beer
cans and other crap. :)

~ LB

In a message dated 1/12/2008 12:31:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net writes:

Yeah, KJ supporting Led Zeppelin just sounds like a nightmare for about
3 or 4 different reasons I can think of off the top of my head. KJ will
come off as the odd sideshow during which all the folks will be milling
around and ignoring, or trying to show up after. KJ shouldn't try to
ride the coattails of folks like Led Zeppelin or Motley Crue -- they're
too good for that, and it's an odd, incongruent fit. Imagining Jaz inw
arpaint blasting through "The Wait" while people want to hear 'Stairway"
-- I don't know; it strikes me as really odd.

Early on The Damned did a small support tour for Marc Bolan, circa 1978.
That always struck me as really odd. Not sure how that actually fared,
though.

-B.