[kj] OT: "Punk" band Yellowcard to tour Mid-East as part of USO "support the troops" campaign

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 10:50:51 EST 2008

I addressed the "troops do what they are told" point at the rant I wrote
at the Cultpunk.com URL. Some troops don't do what they're told -- they
go AWOL, conscientious objectors. Those are the troops I support. This
"the poor troops are caught in the middle" stuff doesn't fly with me.

To put it another way: The idea of, say, a Brit 'punk' band entertaining
colonial troops in India, when it was a colony (which would be
doin' it for the boys." But Rollins going to Iraq, and exploiting the
real human horror that was Abu Ghraib, like Al Franken, the so-called
liberal, did -- that's pretty sleazy.

-Oliver