[kj] OT: End of the Year! Post your BEST OF lists

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 19:23:40 EST 2008

I'm not sure I can stress enough how much folks should get the BUSY
SIGNALS' self-titled LP on Dirtnap Records. It is a really
timeless-sounding LP.

http://www.myspace.com/thebusysignals

Unfortunately their MySpace has only one of their songs on it, not by
far their best. The LP is so good I recommend Soulseeking it -- but it'd
be great if you could buy the LP.

A "free" EP by the band that is not nearly as good as their self-titled
LP is here:
http://www.kbdrecords.com/2006/07/04/the-busy-signals-love-and-dust-ep-7/

It has gotten almost 0 attention as far as I can see (though I'm an
advocate for it, for what that's worth), but it's, like, a flawless rock
& roll LP. Super early Pretenders meets Buzzcocks meets stuff like
Penetration, etc. It doesn't sound new ... or old. But it's punk rock
and roll if anything is or ever was.

-Oliver