[kj] OT: End of the Year! Post your BEST OF lists

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Jan 8 19:16:12 EST 2008

"bongo" wrote:

> i've also had a seemingly quiet year for new music...

> i'd be hard pressed to name half a dozen... =(

I agree. I thought '06 was a decent year but '07 was pretty mediocre. As
seen on my list from a few days ago, almost all the concerts I caught that
were any good were actually reunions (Van Halen, Black Sabbath w/Dio, Jesus
and Mary Chain, Smashing Pumpkins) or older, well-established bands flogging
the concert curcuit plugging fair at best new albums (Springsteen, The Cult,
Nine Inch Nails). The only band I saw last year that I felt still had their
best work ahead of them and a bright future was Arcade Fire.

BTW, I picked up October File's album over the holidays and while there's a
few good tracks, aside from the track with Jaz singing (The Sun Never Sets)
which is a standout imo, nothing else really stays with me.

T.B.