[kj] ) OT I love you to everyone...

jo jo at arcadia.karoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 06:20:35 EST 2008

Some people here also need to ask themselves "Do I really need to respond to EVERY email? Especially when I have absolutely nothing to add?".

I can understand that 'me too' and 'I agree' mails can be drab but still I suppose, it's someone's point-of-view. Not everyone is articulate enough to expand on it (having said that, there isn't a great deal of 'ditto' posts here anyway)
Within reason, not all banter and wit is pm material either - it's onlist for a reason, to involve the group.
I've been on quite a few lists on which when the small talk has been removed so have their hearts. They become the humourless haunt of anoraks.
The problem with IRCs is that, unlike communicating on a list, you have to sit at the screen which is a bind.
There's always someone who is going to complain about heavy traffic - it used to be mainly those on dial-up with which I could sympathise with, to an extent, as in the early days it used to work out quite expensive.
It's tough that heavy traffic and topics of conversation cause a nuisance to some who're downloading onto phones and lappies but by the same token they're using the weapon of their choice.

Killing Joke is more about a lifestyle, not just music.