[kj] BTATS; ruminations on remaster - fades & order

Paul Richards paul.ar at virgin.net
Sun Feb 24 16:16:55 EST 2008

my only disappointment is that Rubicon fades out. I had hoped that the
version on "For Beginners" faded to avoid spoiling the remaster. It
needs that BANG at the end.

Does anyone else think that the track order should have been revised? I
was never impressed that the album started with the two previously
released singles. While it makes sense that Twilight Of The Mortals ends
the first side of the vinyl LP (from memory - my copy is in storage deep
in South London, while I'm up here in the North.(NW6 to be precise)), I
think TOTM should have been the opener - just as it was when played live.

This was is perhaps one of my personal favourite KJ albums (ignoring
"Under A Southern Sky"), though most definitely not one of their best.
It's just of its time. And that was a good time.

cheers
paul