[kj] OT~ sleep paralysis?

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Feb 6 16:16:59 EST 2008

Had it twice as a kid, both were vivid experiences, I was paralysed in
both. First time someone put their hand over my face from under the bed
headboard, and I woke in shock paralysed. The other one some evil fucker's
head popped up from the side of the bed, said something ridiculous and
disappeared.

After both I was left paralysed with fear for a while...I dunno if that's
what you're describing, to me they seem (in retrospect) like a dream where
I thought I had awoken but hadn't, hence the perception of evil interloper
as though it was real...but at some stage I must have woken up, I remember
trying to move or speak but couldn't for a while. Panic. I shared a room
with my older brother, I remember looking over his way but couldn't move a
muscle or speak.

Pretty sure there's an explanation for it though, will have a trawl...