[kj] Thoughts on the remasters

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:32:04 EST 2008

I am going to a store on my lunch

or worse case scenario after work

From: vassifer at earthlink.net
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:35:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [kj] Thoughts on the remasters

I got mine through Amazon.co.ukAlex in NYC
On Feb 5, 2008, at 2:48 AM, n0153 jr wrote:where are you folks buying them from?

I can't wait to get a copy now, I love that album… From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Alexander Smith
Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2008 12:49 p.m.
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Subject: Re: [kj] Thoughts on the remasters Conversely, the new mix of BTATS has given me a whole new appreciation for the record. If only they'd released it this way the first time around. Much cleaner, sharper, crisper....burlier. All the muddled studio syrup was excised. A huge improvement. Alex in NYC On Feb 4, 2008, at 4:44 PM, mike wrote:

Packaging and liner notes are great.
is it just me or do the drums sound quieter on fire dances?
i was most excited about the kimsey mixes of btats but after playing it i prefer the other mix..especially sucking is the condensed version of victory which imo is way too short. its like the whole album really has all of its "drama" taken out and again thats what did it for me.

all in all though glad i picked them up...although will probably buy the original btats again.