[kj] (OT) What was your first record YOU bought?

Peter Moltesen sneakypete at uwclub.net
Mon Dec 29 13:47:03 EST 2008

The first 7" single I bought was a second hand copy of 'Love Song' by the
Damned

>From Beanos in Croydon in about 1979. My musical tastes careered from pop

heavy metal, Prog to goth, folk, krautrock, psychedelia, techno etc and back

again, but I've always loved the Damned.

The first LP I bought was 'Songs for Truck driving men' from Woolies

(I used to want to be a long distance lorry driver - it was about the time
of that

Single 'Convoy' :o/ oops....

Oh - and the best Hawkwind track is a difficult one - maybe 'Born to Go' ?
or maybe

Assault & Battery/The Golden Void ? or Damnation Alley ??? Could even be
Brainstorm

Or Urban Guerilla ????

Peter