[kj] I JIHAD YOUR NEW ALBUM

Stephen Lawrence stephen.l at live.com
Sat Dec 20 21:51:17 EST 2008

why oh why do people get so upset when an artist changes direction get over it enjoy the back catalogue and let it be artists are no different to vou or i and i'm sure if we reached that level of success we'd be turned to the darkside> From: bq at soundgardener.co.nz> To: gathering at misera.net> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 05:33:11 +1100> Subject: Re: [kj] I JIHAD YOUR NEW ALBUM> > There is no fucking CD that'll come close to the return velocity, accuracy,> and bad intentions if it's ever distributed my way. And I'll be quoting> lines that were cut from The Exorcist for being too foul.> > Anyone who can defend that album can defend me against Satan at the doors of> hell against video and swab evidence of me in my early teens. > > I mean, was he thinking: "I'll blow those fucking Rage Against the Machine> cunts off the fucking charts, and Axl too"> > Every single note Kim Thayil hasn't played since April 1997 sounds SO much> better than this. > > At this rate he's gonna end up in Vegas performing with Rent-A-Frampton at> 3am Tuesday nights:> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBj77GOiak&feature=channel> > Here's my only real idea for WHY: he cut ties with most of his friends from> the past when he moved to Paris with his new wife, is quite possibly still> trying to show them all, all the old friends, the ex wife (acrimonious split> involving kids), Soundgarden, Audioslave, that he's doing better than ever,> he's still the man. Like, duh. A silver disc up on the wall means success?!> > Chris's solo stuff ALWAYS rocked (until last year), there was never any need> to prove it. Temple of the Dog is basically a Chris Cornell solo album,> there are only 2 non-Cornell tracks on it.> > This is from back in '91, him on guitar too:> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXS-CLnwNok> > No point left to prove after that.> > > -----Original Message-----> From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On> Behalf Of TB> Sent: Sunday, 21 December 2008 03:34> To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)> Subject: Re: [kj] I JIHAD YOUR NEW ALBUM> > "Brendan Quinn" wrote:> > > OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO:> >> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU2Mj4sW6dk> > I saw this coming the moment I heard Cornell was working with > Timbaland(sp?). It's so funny how some people defend his new album because > he's "changing" and "evolving" as an artist. Well yeah, but who'da thought > a human could evolve into a spineless turd?> > It's kinda like when David Lee Roth started doing cheesy Beach Boys and > Louis Prima medleys and became a Vegas Lounge singer. At least Roth carried> > a bit of his attitude and humor with him when he made that regrettable > switch - Cornell sounds like he completely submerged his identity to become > the King of supermarket shopping music.> > T.B. > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering