[kj] Xmas songs Re: OT: Blue Christmas

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 06:42:23 EST 2008

I saw the New Bomb Turks here in Austin at their reunion show at Emo's
this past May, 2008. One of the few bands to keep the REAL punk flame
alive during the 90s.

Below is the New Bomb Turks' cover of Wire's "Mr. Suit," which they
played the night I saw them this year in Austin -- an insane night of
energy-packed chaos, I might add. I can't believe there is no YouTube
footage of this gig. It was pretty incredible, but it also gave me
pneumonia. (true story - anti-biotics, bed-ridden for weeks.)

Rockabilly dudes + Slayer/Napalm Death/Carcass heshers + slimy shirtless
dudes + hawt mohican chicks with metallic silver mini-skirts doing stage
dives, moshing, circle-piting, etc., with their skirts pulled up,
jumping into all of us.... got sick for a good week after this pure
show of sweaty, filthy, humid energy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQXzzJC8uUM

The New Bomb Turks are pure rock and roll....

-Oliver