[kj] Band-o-rama

bongo humanhybrid666 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 20:11:31 EDT 2008

my take......... =)

System Of A Down - love the first album, and toxicity... i ignored
them for years after first hearing about them, because i had seen an
album advertised on tv and thought that any band who done that was
beneath my lofty tastes... (i'm sure a few of us here are as
superficial as this? i cant be the only one!!!) anyhoo, when i
actually listened to that first album, i fuckin loved it, great
driving music, and working music... toxicity was in the car one
summer, great surfing/driving music...

Phillip Boa & The Voodoo Club - not heard

Marilyn Manson - catchy tunes, not got any tho... doesnt bother me either way

Nine Inch Nails - i actually remember seeing a record of theirs at
groovy records on queen st, in AK when we was really young and hip...
took an instant dislike to that cover and that band, and have never
had my mind swayed...

The Prodigy - quite like some of it, just got the first album again a
few days ago

The Police - not bad, not my thing, but have the odd good memory of hearing them

Sting - no real comment

Bush - yeah i like bush =)

Queen - not bad... my mrs has a few tracks on the mp3 player in the
car... believe it or not, they come right after 'wilful days' and 'the
wait' .....

Ladytron - heard of but not heard

Les Rita Mitsouko - not heard of

David Bowie - some great tracks, and some fucking lame tracks... saw
the vid for 'dancing in the streets' the other week... ACK!!!!!

Bauhaus - love them...

Aphex Twin - never got into them, never cared

=)

--

postponed indefinitely..."