[kj] OT - The Hollywood Palladium Opens October 2008

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 14:43:39 EDT 2008

LONESTYLE at aol.com wrote:

> Let's hope that the sound is better and the security aren't has rough as

> always.

> ~LB

> _http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-palladium27-2008aug27,0

> ,5538549.story_

> (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-palladium27-2008aug27,0,5538549.story)

Man, the Hollywood Palladium was near the top of my favorite places to see a
show. Some of the best concerts I caught there include The Clash during
their "Combat Rock" tour in '82 all the way up through shows by bands like
Big Country, Iggy Pop and Social Distortion(!), Stevie Ray Vaughan, The
Cult, Jane's Addiction, The Cramps, Living Colour, Bauhuas '98 reunion,
Queens of the Stone Age ending with Bad Religion in '04.

Now The Wiltern Theater has kinda taken over top spot as my favorite venue
to see bands but The Palladium has a *lot* of good history with me.

T.B.