[kj] OT Boycott the film Tropic Thunder

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 18 02:04:41 EDT 2008

I enjoy reading (good) film criticism. there is a kind of art to it.
Some of the best directors began as film critics. Like Jean-Luc Godard.
(Just like Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders began as a music critic --
people often think critics are the ones who can't do, so they bitch
about what others do -- not so, necessarily!) Through some of the best
film criticism I've come to appreciate many films on many different
levels I otherwise wouldn't have. Still, nothing trumps my own ultimate
judgment. And that for Lost In Translation was -- way, way overrated.

-Oliver