[kj] (no subject)

Brian Whitehead bawhitehead at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 06:13:04 EDT 2008

"Early UK punk (Ruts, Clash, SLF, etc) was really tied to reggae"

I was listening to Barrington Levy the other day thinking what drew me into
this sort of stuff in the first place.
I think part of it was that at all the late 70s punk gigs, like those you
mention, you could almost guarantee the music played before the bands came
on was reggea.

Mentally I'm probably half expecting The Clash to come on stage when the
next song finishes.

Have two genres of music be so closely linked?

Brian.