[kj] (no subject)

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 03:51:26 EDT 2008

Early (pre-1st-album) Joke is *very* reggae/dub influenced.  Nuclear Boy and Animal are the prime examples.

The problem with trying to pigeonhole the first album is that although you can hear all sorts of influences, it just doesn't fit.  I'd say the most obvious genre for it is the one that didn't exist then but which it influenced so heavily - industrial.

Speaking of influences, I'm listening Baby Come Back off the free Mojo CD right now.  It's great.

Jamie

PS Darren - that's a great line about copping off with members of the audience.  Made me laugh!