[kj] (no subject)

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 12:18:17 EDT 2008

and much of what i hear are replicas, not people working from other's ideas..

From: bettedillinger at live.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:19:05 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] (no subject)

Just my two cents......Everything is related, and every musician starts out as a fan. I mean, Coleman and BPF were members of a Reggae band before KJ. You can't make that stuff up! So I guess that means nothing is "new and fresh". However, today's current environment encourages homogenization, which is a completely different animal, IMHO. But everything issubject to.....CHANGE!!!!!!!-Bette

From: sneakypete at uwclub.netTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:26:27 +0100Subject: Re: [kj] (no subject)

Its always been like that though, hasn’t it ?

I can think of very few bands that have come along who have truly
sounded like noithing else

Peter

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of folk devilSent: 25 April 2008 16:27To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] (no subject)
Funny how, when a 'new' band is mentioned, they're related to one from the past...

Make i'm yours. Create a custom banner to support your cause.