[kj] chameleons/killing joke

Termite npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 08:15:41 EDT 2008

You;re right, I previously read about it here has more info :

http://www.thechameleons.com/lyrics/index.php?song=11

Notes by Mark - During our early touring, back in the days when we had 'an
agent' (gasp!!) we found ourselves, courtesy of 'Wasted Talent' down to
support Killing Joke in Leicester. We arrived on time ready to sound check.
KJ arrived four and a half hours late and we couldn't check until they had,
very boring but no problem. That is until we started our sound check. I
plugged my bass in, played a few notes to make sure everything was working
and the sound guy shouted "ok, good, now guitar." I started laughing and
looked at Dave and he did the same thing, struck a single chord to make sure
the leads were working and we got another "great, thanks" from the sound
engineer. We started shouting at them that we wanted a proper sound-check,
not a line check and they told us that there just wasn't time due to the
lateness of Killing Joke's arrival. Things escalated and, noticing the band
at the side of the stage, drawn by the commotion, Dave and I unstrapped our
guitars and ran at them. Fortunately for them their crew managed to stop us
before we got to them. We told them all to fuck off and blew out the gig.
Later a spokesman for the band came over and apologised and hoped we'd play
the rest of the gigs with them but we told them were to go. Paper Tigers
came from that basically.